PRE-SCHOOL PROGRAM IN WOODLAND, CA
EXCELLENCE IN EDUCATION
- Daily activities that involve reading and writing exercises that support literacy.
- Creative activities, such as finger-painting and collage-work, that engage your child's tactile physical development and small motor skill development.
- Group time is an important part of each day and "plays" a key role in developing social skills like speaking, listening, following directions, and cooperation.
- Math and Science skills are introduced in thematic units that encourage curiosity and provide practical applications in learning.
- Zoo-Phonics is a curriculum based program that we use to teach the children the sounds each letter makes. Zoo-Phonics is a multi sensory language arts program. It helps children to learn to sound out words, and start linking letters into reading words.
- We introduce children to being a bi-lingual citizen of the world. We have students that go to Spanish Immersion schools in Yolo County and we give them the basics of the Spanish language so they will be ready to dive right in on their first day of kindergarten.
- Our pre-school program runs Monday-Friday from 9:00am to 12:00pm, some friends continue on and stay for the whole day and some friends leave after lunch at noon, to meet each families needs.
- We teach children to the California State Pre-School Standards.